We are looking for an experienced Distiller and blender to join our busy team. The role will be based at our Gransha Road site and the successful candidate will play a key role in the creation, development and continual improvement of our world class spirits.
The Echlinville Distillery
Nestled among the rolling drumlins of the Ards Peninsula, Echlinville became the first new distillery in Northern Ireland for more than 125 years when it casked its first spirit on 5th August 2013 and has since established itself at the forefront of Ireland’s burgeoning spirits industry.
A true field to glass distillery, Echlinville’s new make spirit is distilled from barley grown, harvested and floor malted on our distillery farm near the shores of Strangford Lough. Echlinville is a place where the ancient art of distilling is revered, where Irish whiskey heritage is respected, and where tradition has its place alongside innovation in the quest to produce the finest spirits.
We are home to some of the country’s best-known and respected brands, including Dunville’s Irish Whiskey, Old Comber Irish Whiskey, Echlinville Estate Irish Pot Still Gin, Jawbox Gin, Bán Poitín, Weavers Irish Gin and Matt D’Arcy Irish Whiskey. We have achieved many international awards for our Spirits over the past ten years, not least, the coveted title of Irish Whiskey of the Year (2022) at the Irish Whiskey Awards and we’re just getting started!
- Work effectively as part of a team to manage aspects of the production process, including, milling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, casking, disgorging and blending of spirits.
- Maintain the highest levels of hygiene and food safety standards.
- Maximise quality liquid output all year round.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement culture of the site.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive sampling and recording programme.
- Work alongside our tasting team, production, sales and marketing to maximise the value of the spirt stock held by the distillery through product innovation.
- Maintain accurate records of production to ensure materials are tracked and accounted for during our processes.
- Willing to take on other tasks deemed reasonable or necessary by management.
- Advanced knowledge of all processes involved with distillation.
- Well-developed sensory skills for tasting and evaluating spirits.
- A strong interest in the spirit industry.
- Strong scientific knowledge.
- Methodical, logical and detail orientated.
- Computer and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work flexible shift patterns.
- Extensive commercial Distilling or Brewing experience within the alcohol industry.
- Ability to lead and manage teams effectively.
- Strong online capabilities on social media and digital marketing.
Please apply by sending your CV to [email protected] by 19th February 2023.