Dunville’s Irish Whiskey is celebrating Belfast Whiskey Week with the launch of a special festival bottling of PX Cask Strength Whiskey.
The Single Cask bottling is available exclusively to those with a Belfast Whiskey Week Festival Pass.
Dunville’s PX 12 Year Old Cask Strength Single Malt Irish Whiskey Cask 1330 was named Best Irish Single Cask Single Malt at this year’s World Whiskey Awards. Finished in Dunville’s signature Pedro Ximénez sherry casks, it is bottled at 57.2% abv.
This limited release of 352 bottles will be available exclusively to Belfast Whiskey Week Festival Pass holders. It will be on sale from The Echlinville Distillery online shop at 4pm on Monday 26 July 2021 priced £125 (link will go live then).
How to purchase
– This release can only be purchased with a Belfast Whiskey Week Festival Pass code.
– For your chance to purchase this Single Cask bottling you should click here to purchase a Belfast Whiskey Week Festival Pass from as little as £6.
– Anyone who purchases a pass will be sent an email from Belfast Whiskey Week confirming their Pass purchase.
– You will then receive a second email from Belfast Whiskey Week with your Dunville’s Cask 1330 purchase code, which you must use at checkout when purchasing this whiskey.
– If you have already signed up to a festival pass or tasting there is no need to purchase an additional pass. Belfast Whiskey Week will send you an email with your purchase code.
– Sales will go live at on The Echlinville Distillery Online Shop at 4pm on Monday 26 July (link will go live at that time).
– Please Note: Purchases will be limited to one bottle per customer. Bottles will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We can not guarantee that everyone who purchases a Festival Pass will secure a bottle.
Belfast Whiskey Week
Cask 1330 will feature in the Festival Bottlings Masterclass at Belfast Whiskey Week (Monday 26 July). Ireland’s largest whiskey festival features more than 90 whiskey tastings alongside a week long programme of entertainment livestreamed to audiences around the world
Jarlath Watson from Dunville’s Irish Whiskey said: “As the original Spirit of Belfast, Dunville’s is proud to be a key partner in Belfast Whiskey Week. Cask 1330 has been specially bottled for the festival. Named Ireland’s Best Single Cask at the World Whiskey Awards, it represents all that is great about our city and our whiskey.
“Cask 1330 is the latest release from the Dunville’s Single Cask Series which showcases the very best casks from our warehouses. PX Cask Strength is now a firm fixture in the Single Cask Series and has become synonymous with exceptional quality and that exquisitely intense sherry bomb flavour that Dunville’s customers know and love.
“The Echlinville Distillery has proudly supported Belfast Whiskey Week since it began in 2019, so when this particular cask was awarded Ireland’s Best Single Cask Whiskey, we decided it would be the ideal Exclusive Special Festival Bottling for Belfast Whiskey Week.”
Cask 1330 is one of a number of whiskeys from Dunville’s and The Echlinville Distillery to feature in this year’s Belfast Whiskey Week, which sees the Irish whiskey community come together like never before for an online celebration of Irish and world whiskeys. The festival programme also features tastings of current and as yet unreleased whiskeys from Dunville’s warehouses, which will be broadcast live from The Echlinville Distillery on Saturday 31 July.
The Spirit of Belfast
Jarlath continued: “Belfast was once at the heart of Ireland’s whiskey industry, so it’s fitting that Belfast Whiskey Week should bring focus back to a city whose association with the spirit has been somewhat forgotten over the years.
“By the end of the 19th century, Ireland was producing around 14 million gallons of whiskey per year. A disproportionate amount of that was distilled in Belfast, and much of that by Dunville’s. Dunville’s employed hundreds of people, constructed housing for their workers on the aptly named Excise Street, Distillery Street and Dunville Street, built Belfast’s first public park – Dunville Park on the Falls Road – and even founded a football club, Distillery FC, which we are proud to still have links with today.
“Dunville’s legacy can be found throughout Belfast. This is our whiskey and our city, so we are proud to celebrate Belfast Whiskey Week by unveiling the latest release from our Single Cask Series, which showcases the very best whiskeys from the Dunville’s warehouse, with each release helping put this city and its spirit firmly back on the world whiskey map.”
Dunville’s PX Cask Strength 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey Cask 1330 will be available exclusively to customers with a Belfast Whiskey Week Festival Passfrom https://echlinville.com/shop/whiskey/dunvilles-px-12-cask-strength/ on Monday 26 July 2021 priced £125. Purchases will be limited to one bottle per customer.